Saturday, October 3, 2009

Today's workout

Robyn held her Saturday workout in the usual place today, Parfet Park in Golden, CO. It was a beautiful, sunny morning. We had to start with 50 kettle bell swings and 10 ball slams, followed by 50m of burpee broad-jumps, then 40 kb swings and 20 ball slams, another 50m of burpee broad-jumps, and so on until we finished with 10 kb swings and 50 ball slams. I was not in the best place mentally for this -- I hate burpees. But Danielle and the other folks provided lots of encouragement, and helped me get through it. Thanks you guys!

And Robyn is challenging us to do burpees every day -- 1 on Oct. 1st, 2 on Oct. 2nd, and so on. I missed the first couple days worth, so I have to do 6 today, and then it will be 4 tomorrow, 5 on Monday, etc. The end goal is to do 100 burpees for time on Jan 8th. Oh man, that's gonna suck.

No comments: