Monday, November 9, 2009

Today's workout

I have been remiss in posting my workout results. Today, our warmup was to alternate 200m rowing and 1 minute of double-unders, for 5 rounds. Danielle and I got there a little late, so I ended up only doing three rounds. But it was a good start. Rowing is one of my strengths, and I'm getting better and better at double-unders.

The WOD was called Eva, and it was 5 rounds of:
  • 800m run
  • 30 kettle bell swings (75lbs was prescribed, ha ha)
  • 30 pullups
I learned first-hand why this WOD is considered really tough. I scaled the kb swings to 35lbs and then dropped down to 26lbs. And I am still doing jumping pullups. My time was 46:30 (plus or minus some seconds, I didn't write my time down before I left -- /me dummy). It felt really good to finish!

The exact time is not actually the main thing for me right now. My goal in the near term is to get to the point where I don't have to be taking breaks in between sets, and more importantly, to not be the last or next to last in results every workout. If I can solve that, then I'll know I've reached the next level.

No comments: